- Skills Requirements: Basic Qualifications: Master's d
Please Note: The candidate must be local to Maryland or must stay within a 90-minute drive from Windsor Mill, MD.
The client wants Local MD candidates only
This Network Engineer will be working on innovative network design and operations. This position will support various customers within Health Solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge network technology. The position is responsible for providing engineering expertise for complex multi-service networking. The network engineer is responsible for engineering, and supporting the network design, deployment and operations for a large government customer located in Baltimore, Maryland. This position may require from 25% to 50% travel to various domestic customer locations.
Description of Work:
- Deploy and maintain enterprise wireless LAN network infrastructure.
- Analyze current wireless LAN network configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Configure routing protocols, complex switch networks, and routing configurations
- Prepare network equipment for deployment by loading appropriate software and configuration setting according to pre- engineered design templates.
- Assemble required equipment, cables, adapters, etc. and arrange delivery to site for installation.
- Upgrade configuration of existing network equipment to support new features and functions.
- Work with field installation contractors while they are on-site and provide all technical details to complete wireless LAN site survey and AP or Controller installations.
- Work with field installation contractors while they are on-site and provide all technical details to complete router or switches installations.
- Continually review the customers network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential network products or technical solutions.
- Test LAN/WAN and WLAN equipment software (i.e.: IOS, NXOS)
- Contribute to the development of network documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
- Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer network/system performance or reliability.
- Monitor for opportunities to improve the customer service delivery practices.
- Perform on-going management of network installation and upgrade projects and maintain deployment schedules.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and Client management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD
- The candidate must possess a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Certification or CCNP with Wireless LAN Specialist or Cisco 300-715 SISE
- Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Minimum three (3) years of hands-on network experience configuring routing protocols and switching configuration in medium (One Data Center and 600+ locations) to large enterprise (Two Data Centers and 1000+ locations) networks.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Passed the Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert Written examination within the last one year
- At least 2 years of experience writing Python scripting language and Regular Expression
- At Least 3 years of experience implementing Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) product in a large multi-data centers and enterprise environment.
- At least 3 years of experience deploying Cisco Virtual Private Network product such as Cisco ASA and Cisco Wireless LAN in a multi office and large campus environment.
- At least 3 years of experience working with physical media and equipment associated with each wired and wireless networking.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.