Our client is a growing IT Service Management and Infrastructure provider located in Ashburn, VA. The Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of client network systems including the design, install, support, and maintenance of the systems and related technology and for doing so in compliance with our client’s best practices. The ideal candidate is someone looking to learn, grow and become an integral member of the team and look to expand their skillset.
- Plan and support client network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform administration of servers and virtual server clusters.
- Install, configure, and maintain network hardware, systems, services, equipment, and devices.
- Monitor and apply performance-enhancing changes to network architectures.
- Monitor and maintain network security systems and technologies.
- Administer software and network security.
- Maintain user account, permission, email, and threat management methodologies.
- Manage system back-up and restore protocols.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Create and maintain documentation for all aspects of hardware, networks, and systems including key standards and processes.
- Travel to and from client work sites as needed with personal vehicle.
- Work on-call after hours support rotation as needed.
- Be available after hours/weekends for project work as needed.
- Monitor queue and cover support extension and remote tickets as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of network administration, design, and execution experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years of IT management-related experience.
- 1-2 years of prior experience and the demonstrated ability to be successful in a client-focused environment.
- Experience with Windows, Apple OS, HP/Aruba, Cisco Systems, and SonicWall.
- Experience in network infrastructure including switches, routers, cabling, racks, firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VPN, Terminal Services, VoIP, and QoS.
- Web development knowledge.
- Experience with Azure and AWS.
- Experience in VMWare virtualization and Active Directory.
- Understanding of in-house systems architecture and cloud-based architectures required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, as well as providing clear communications via email and in person to customers and business associates.
- Strong project management skills.
Great work environment. Please resend resume immediately for consideration.