Job is located in the Auburn Hills MI area.
The Dev Ops Architect will be the lead consultant, engineer and architect for Infrastructure, Deployment and Development operations through automation for the digital systems and supporting software tools.
• Dev Ops expert on a small team of elite engineers based in Auburn Hills, MI.
• Automation of repeatable processes where possible, pertinent and in priority
• Work with team to design, build and support a robust internal PAAS (platform as a service) capability
• Identify and plan for optimization of resources and cost reduction wherever possible
• Recommend and prove the best technology practices, principles and tools for the job
• Apply experience, technical knowledge and innovative techniques to resolve complex Operations challenges.
• Effectively communicate issues, risks and dependencies with project stakeholders, escalating where appropriate.
• Always look for ways to empirically measure the outcome of the work we complete
• Champion continuous improvements in Operations capabilities
• Research the tool market and follow new research streams
• Strong experience in automation for the Enterprise.
• Strong experience in Chef, Ruby, Apache/Tomcat, Linux and open source technology stacks.
• Experience with pertinent software tools (Jenkins, Go, Nexus, Vagrant, Docker, etc.)
• Experience technically mentoring and/or leading other engineers within an agile team.
• Able to make tough decisions in managing complex technical ecosystems
• Proven ability to develop architectures that incorporate high availability and operational scalability
• Experience with Test Driven Development practices and frameworks
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery principles, practices, tools and process
• Expertise in modern cloud infrastructure, APIs and virtualization concerns is essential
• Ability to render system design details in sequence and flow diagrams and other forms of documentation when required
• Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices
• Ability to communicate complex architectures and insights in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Ability to work in an agile, multi skill team of top talents