Oracle EBS Systems Analyst
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
The Oracle Senior System Analyst position is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining business solutions, supporting day to day production issues in the Oracle EBusiness Suite and several other peripheral environments, assisting Business Analysts and participating in architecture and design initiatives. This individual will work under direction of a Technical Lead. The individual will adhere to the organization’s formal best practices, change management and system development lifecycle. The individual must be self-driven and must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Oracle System Analyst
The candidate will participate in fulfilling project needs around Oracle Ebusiness Suite for our internal and external customers. The person will be responsible for and assist daily production support related activities and other small initiatives.
• Collect and document business requirements.
• Develop technical requirement documents on the basis of business process needs or a functional design document.
• Perform gap analysis for various business requirements. Take ownership of the solution design, development, unit-testing and code migration.
• Complete identified and required development work to support and extend the Oracle Ebusiness Suite (EBS) technology stack for Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, Human Capital Management and Projects business processes in timely fashion.
• Develop and maintain various interfaces, conversions, reports, workflows and other technical objects as per long term and short term business requirements.
• Analyze and isolates application issues, performs problem resolution independently.
• Improve systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending solutions.
• Work as per standards, best practices, guidelines and processes to support models and compliance to the enterprise information architecture, Ensure any extensions (Reports, Interfaces, Customizations, Workflows, other Extensions and Forms) done to Oracle EBS is within Oracle best practice and recommended approach and not violates Oracle guidelines.
• Provide subject matter expertise, trends, and best practices. Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT
• Help architecting small and big solution.
• Participate in project related development work as it comes.
• Daily monitoring of critical production jobs and activities.
• Oracle Applications Support - Work to resolve/troubleshoot day to day production issues raised by business analyst or user community.
• Take pro-active approach to keep production environment from critical system issues and to maintain good health
• Work closely with DBAs for code migration or troubleshooting issues.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline).
• 5 plus years job experience within the industry or in consulting field.
• Experience and strong understanding of Oracle EBS functionality is a must.
• 4 plus years using: Oracle Ebusiness Suite R12 or 11i.
• Experience in some of the following Oracle Modules preferred (OM, Advanced Pricing, TCA, Configurator, PA, AR, AP, GL, FA, PO, HRMS).
• Strong understanding of Oracle APIs and open interfaces.
• Strong understanding of AOL, Form personalization, custom.pll, Concurrent Processing etc.
• Strong hands on experience in Oracle EBS development technologies (including Oracle Reports, Forms , OA Framework, PL/SQL, SQL, Workflow, Java, shell scripting, XML Publisher, BPEL etc).
• Good understanding of underlying security in Oracle Applications.
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills for Oracle apps issues.
• Experience in performance tuning tools like Explain plan, AWR Reports etc. is important.
• Oracle Data Base Tools/Technologies (prefer Oracle 11).
• Basic understanding of UNIX/Linux operating systems.
• Should have experience with at least 2 full lifecycle of Oracle EBS projects.
• Some understanding and practice of IT Governance Controls (ITGC) and IT audit compliance
• Some level of understanding of Oracle SOA and Web Services is a plus.