Are you actively seeking new opportunities like this? Do you have experience diagnosing operational issues with applications, operating systems, and hardware? If so this may be an excellent opportunity for you. Our client is looking to hire a local candidate to work the second shift from 3pm to 11:30 pm at the rate of 22.00$ per hour w2 in Downers Grove, IL. We are accepting applications and scheduling interviews for the next 2-3 business days.
Opportunity at a glance:
The Operations Center Technician supports day to day and project activities to ensure successful execution of applications on production, development and disaster recovery systems. Works with development staff, engineering staff, and service management staff to ensure application delivery (service levels) are met. You will be leveraging industry standard tools and techniques to identify solutions to technology related issues.
They want 2 people for 2nd shift and they may eventually move them to another shift. The shift times are below. This will be for Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday.
1st- 7 am – 3:30 pm
2nd- 3 pm – 11:30 pm
3rd- 11 pm- 7:30 am
There are 11 people on the team right now. They will support the Caribbean and the US. Two people on the team right now are managing Brazil. They will primarily be doing 1st line incident support for the Global Ops Center. This covers all the applications and core infrastructure, but they are not responsible for all of that. They will need to know how to get the right resource on the phone to assist.
- Monitor servers, network and applications utilizing HP OpenView, UC4 Application Manager, SNMPc, System Center Operations Manager and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Ensure batch and backup scheduling is executed to expected results.
- Troubleshoot operational issues.
- Execute tier 1 support for all systems, network and applications turned over to Operations.
- Generate reports detailing performance and operation levels against established metrics.
- Participate in resolution and recovery activities as needed.
- Maintain diagram and database records of all servers, network and applications.
- Deploy hardware to data centers.
- Plan for capacity of power, space and network within our data centers.
- Vendor engagement (remote hands).
- Incident triaging.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 3 year in-depth experience with at least two enterprise-level hardware (Sun, HP, CISCO or Juniper) and at least two enterprise-level operating systems (Solaris, IBM, Windows, IOS or JUNOS) expected.
- Three or more years’ experience working in an enterprise support environment.
- Experience in supporting at least two of the following technologies in a production environment required: UNIX, Microsoft Technologies, enterprise Networking, IBM iSeries, SAN technology or Oracle.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, SNMP and routing concepts required.
- Experience with LAN/ WAN architecture and design required.
- Experience supporting networked applications required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are required with experience troubleshooting complex software and hardware as well as application problems.
- Strong experience with enterprise monitoring tools is required.
- Experience with batch and backup schedulers and the associated processing.
- Excellent communications skills with proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team as well as independently to resolve problems.
- Excellent team work skills with proven ability to collaborate on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced environment with short timelines.
- Ability to maintain high quality of work while supporting projects and operational activities.
- Experience racking hardware, connecting network cables, creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and Visio diagrams is required.
- Interfacing with vendors to request quotes is required.
- Experience with generating periodic reports of metrics or progress is required.
- Experience with SAN or NAS storage is a plus.
- Experience with virtualization/zoning/partitioning is a plus.
- Experience with executing automated system installations for standardized operating system installs is expected.
- Familiarity with Apache or IIS web services is a plus.
- Familiarity with ITIL (or other) Service Management framework principles a plus.
- Certifications are desired (A+, Network+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, etc.).
- Shift coverage is required. Hours will include non-business hours, weekends and holidays.
I look forward to speaking with you about this opportunity and how your background fits our clients needs.
"Local U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time and we are not working with 3rd party vendors."