NAS OPS TDM Network Control Specialist Job Description:
• Provide technical support for all the Federal Aviation Administration Telecommunication Infrastructure (FTI) network IP services. Support requires physical layer, data link, and network layer knowledge.
• Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within Network Operations Control Center (NOCC), utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
• Perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer’s services.
• Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the FAA network.
• Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchanneled T1, T3, utilizing DACs equipment.
• Utilize test methods to analyze/troubleshoot Ethernet, IP, Frame Relay, ATM, WAN, LAN, SONET, and TDM.
• Work with Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), ILECs, and IXCs to resolve WAN problems.
• Work with onsite field technicians remotely to resolve local issues.
• Expertise in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment is preferred: Cisco, Sycamore, and APC.
• Resolve problems using internal and external groups, as needed, to correct trouble on the FTI network and interact with the customer.
• This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
• Networking technologies experience with RF, Sonet and Time Division Multiplexing.
• Experience with call center phone systems and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to support short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities. Preferred Additional Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field. Will consider additional equivalent relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• CCNA Certification - Highly Preferred.
• Networking technologies experience such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, ATM, and Frame Relay, is preferred.
• Experience with Network Management tools such as Cisco Prime SNMPc, Orion, and Netflow is a plus.
• Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions is a plus.