We have a direct client located in the downtown Chicago area seeking a ROR Contractor to work for 6 months with the possibility for extension. If interested in applying send your most recent ms word copy resume and the best time and number that you can be reached at.
Location: Downtown Chicago, IL
Duration: 6 Months+
Rate: 110$ per hour
• 3+ years of professional Ruby experience
• 5+ years of engineering experience- This could be with Java/Python etc.
The perfect candidate would also have the skills below.
• Have launched software using Ruby, Rails, Linux, Angular, Ember, or PostgreSQL
• Contribute regularly to popular open-source projects (send us GitHub links!)
As a Software Engineer you’ll be overseeing technical components of major projects. You’ll balance technical requirements with business needs, while advocating for a high quality codebase when working with full business teams.
• Comfortable solving problems in more than one language, and know exactly why one of them is better
• Have built software features that required talking to multiple services, touching legacy code, and balancing multiple conflicting requirements
• Have proven project management skills, specifically the ability to estimate scope, break up problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change
• Have experience with Perl, Python, Java, or PHP
• 3+ years of professional Ruby experience, and 5+ years of engineering experience
• Have deployed multiple web applications from the perspective of both a front-end and back-end developer
• Have worked with product managers to plan and scope products over the course of several releases
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
"Local U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time and we are not working with 3rd party vendors."
We look forward to placing you with our client!