We have a direct client located in the downtown Chicago area that is seeking a BI Developer with 2-3 years of experience. We are currently seeking a qualified Business Intelligence Developer to join our team. The developer will be involved in all facets of the Business Intelligence Initiative. This includes application development, design, maintenance and operations.
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
- This is a perm opening that is paying 85K with bonus. The bonus varies every year since it is based upon company and individual performance.
- They are looking for someone who has 2-3 years of experience.
- Qlikview, Tableau, and Tibco is what they are primarily using for dashboards.
- They really prefer that someone has the Qlikview experience.
- They will have two F2F interviews. This is a new position.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter and results oriented individual, with the ability to multitask under minimal supervision.
- Desire to learn business process and goals.
- An abstract thinker who has the ability to think about issues from a business perspective, complimenting technical skills with financial acumen.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Problem Solver
- Operational – Execute and monitor daily processing of data for BI Dashboards.
- Business Requirements – Interact with analysts to gain insights on business logic.
- ETL Development – Develop ETL software for extracting data from source systems.
- Data Modeling - Create data models for use in the BI Dashboards.
- Dashboard Design – Create powerful BI Dashboards by visualizing data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- 2+ years’ experience developing in Business Intelligence Applications/Dashboards:
- QlikView (preferred)
- Experience using relational databases, such as: Sybase, Oracle, and MS SQL Server.
- Proficient in Excel and VBA.
- Proficient in SQL and ETL techniques.
- Familiarity with PDLC and Agile development methodology. This includes project planning, requirements gathering, data analysis, documentation, and dashboard design.
- Financial Services industry experience strongly preferred.
If this is of interest to you I am very interested in learning more about your background and abilities that align with what our client needs. Please share your latest and greatest MS Word copy resume and let me know the very best time and number to call you and I will speak with you then.