We have a direct client located in Farmington, CT seeking a Business Analyst that has experience working within the Insurance sector in information technology.
Location: Farmington, CT
Salary: 85k+ benefits
Gain an in-depth understanding of the business.
- Eliciting, understanding, challenging and translating the business need into requirements, creating appropriate functional and non-functional specifications.
- Ensuring traceability of requirements throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Scope analysis, definition, and control.
- Analyze, document, and promote efficiencies for business processes.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture to analyze as-is and to-be target states, performing gap analysis.
- Provide the link between the internal stakeholder, technical teams and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure alignment between requirements and test output, including managing User Acceptance Testing.
- Engage with Enterprise architecture to set requirements in the context of the whole enterprise and strategic direction.
- Stakeholder analysis, management, and communication.
- Drive positive change within the Business Analysis function.
- Lead by example and support the Head of Business Analysis.
During discovery activity
- Detailed business requirements accurately interpreted for IT use.
- End to end process maps (in conjunction with and confirmed by the business).
- Identification of process improvement opportunities and the associated costs and benefits
- Detailed functional and non-functional requirements for agreement by the project stakeholders
- During design and build activity
- Detailed change requirements accurately interpreted for IT use.
- Revised process maps as appropriate.
- Business process documentation, user manual changes and training.
- During test and release activity
- Overview of developing training needs of user community.
- Any emerging changes / fixes requiring new specs.
- Responsibility for the delivery and QA of system and user documentation.
Skills and Abilities
- Good grounding in all aspects of IT.
- Understanding of business strategy and the work of the other departments within the organization.
- Ability to see the big picture and have experience of successfully shaping strategic issues through to implementation.
- Able to coordinate inputs from several departments, in order to reach a shared vision for IT requirements.
- Demonstrable structured techniques for evaluating business processes and documenting user requirements.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience as a Business Analyst within the Insurance sector.
- Highly skilled in the analysis and documentation of complex business processes.
- In-depth experience with multiple methods for the elicitation, validation, and documentation of requirements for complex Information Systems.
- Exposure to a wide range of complex Information Systems across a global enterprise.
- Extensive experience working with global project teams, software providers, and outsourcers.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle over numerous medium and large scale projects.
- Proven skills in stakeholder engagement, negotiation, and networking.
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to be involved in continuously improving Change Delivery governance processes.
- Prior experience coaching / mentoring Business Analysts, desirable.
- Broad understanding of project delivery practices and management methodologies
- Experience as a Business Analyst within the Lloyd’s of London market, advantageous.
We look forward to placing you with our client