This is a new position just out from our direct client. If you are interested in being considered please send your resume with the best time and number that you can be reached for a brief conversation.
Duration: 3-6 months contract to hire
Location: Chicago / East loop
A PMO leader is needed to coordinate strategic projects and perform Portfolio Management leadership activities surrounding major analytics projects.. These projects will include team members including Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Tech Leads, SMEs, and others.
This role has two key aspects
- Lead individual projects or programs as required by the PMO.
- Lead Portfolio Management Activities for the IT Portfolio. This includes direct line management of project/program and portfolio managers to drive on time and on budget delivery of strategic projects. This also involves management of project portfolio management tool and driving overall portfolio supply demand and capacity management metrics.
- There are currently at least five projects underway, with more scheduled for startup.
- Creating and improving projects plans around all of these efforts.
- Managing Projects and Managing other Project Managers
- Directly provides Program/Project Management Oversight to key programs and/or manages other PMs in successful delivery outcome
- For assigned projects or when managing other project managers:
- Ensure project is being executed as part of the company’s policies and framework
- Ensure all project fundamentals as per PMO processes are being used for successful delivery.
- Portfolio Management Oversight
- Directly manage a team of project program and or portfolio managers in ensuring consistent implementation of Portfolio Management processes to successfully deliver projects on budget and on time.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the PMs as required
- Ensure consistent delivery of the company’s SDLC
- Ensure usage of approved PMOs tools for supply demand planning and resource capacity management.
- Ensure SDLC quality management objectives are met to fulfill Audit requirements
- Process Strategy – Execute on key processes – Benefits Capture; Business Case Intake; Portfolio Management & Capacity Management
- Lead the development of new PMO strategy objectives
Formal Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience managing direct reports (Project, Program, Portfolio managers) in a PMO environment.
- Must have demonstrated experience in utilizing Portfolio KPIs and metrics to successfully manage delivery outcomes.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 5 years leading large IT and or ERP projects
- At least 3 years direct management experience in a PMO environment.
- Broad understanding of Corporate functions – Operations, Finance, HR and Warehouse Operation
- Background working in a PMO environment and a good understanding of Portfolio Management practices including working with a PPM tool.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Management skills is MANDATORY. Must have prior experience in leading teams and coaching and mentoring project managers.
- Team player
- Proactive personality reaching out and anticipating needs of the projects
- Experienced running PM meetings
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships to achieve results through a win-win relationship.
- Ability to establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
- Awareness of cultural diversity and can embrace and capitalize those differences; applies knowledge in decision-making process.
- Ability to identify project risks by defining risk strategies and developing the risk management plan in order to reduce uncertainty throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience with MS Project as the primary tool for day-to-day management including WBS, usage of predecessor relationships across tasks in well-formed plan, resourcing, and cost baseline variances.
- Prior experience working with PPM tools is a huge plus.
Type of role: Contract-to-hire is ideal, but will consider straight contract and perm for the right individual
Speak with you soon,