What you'll do... Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack EngineerIntroduction
It's an exciting time to join our Walmart Technology journey. We are seeking for a Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack.
This team focuses on Search Engine Marketing (SEM) for Walmart where we drive the reporting and analytic sides of Walmart SEM program. We optimize money spent on ads on search engines on ROAS and other KPIs as well ensure items from Wal-Mart's catalog are converted at scale in search engines.
You want a challenge? Come join a team that is merging digital and physical, building real-time systems at scale, responding quicker to changes. You'll sweep us off our feet if you...
You'll make an impact by...
- Microservices Architecture Expert
- Demonstrate competencies across multiple layers of the tech stack
- Mentoring other team members
- Desire to keep up with technology trends
- Encouraging others to grow and be curious
- Have the desire to learn
What you'll do...
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the product development, with emphasis on scalable architecture.
- Build internal tool(s) to provide business partners control and visibility of SEM operations.
- Assist product owners and designers in defining the product requirements by offering technical suggestions.
What you'll bring...
- Build APIs to enable managing marketing campaigns by marketplace sellers and brands in self-serve fashion.
- Understand business problems and suggest technology solutions.
- Build data pipelines and API integrations for tighter and smoother integrations with in house and external partner dashboards.
- Lead engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale applications using variety of languages and tools/technology stacks.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
- Estimate effort, identify risks and plan execution.
- Mentor/coach other engineers in the team to facilitate their development and to provide technical leadership to them.
- Rise above details as and when needed to spot broader issues/trends and implications for the product/team as a whole.
- Be creative and learn new skills
- Build prototypes and have an innovation mindset
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; bench marking industry against internal processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines, standards and processes.
Benefits & Perks
- 9-13 years of experience in design and development of highly-scalable applications development
- Experience is building scalable and flexible applications based on Microservices Architecture.
- Ability to refactor parts of existing app into micro services and also containerize them and improve quality metrics in CI/CD
- Expertise in Spark / Hive and other Bigdata tools are a nice to have along with Airflow for ETL, Java, Node.js, Angular, React
- Familiarity with REST API, Elasticsearch, Python
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving capability
- Motivated team player who goes over and above what is asked
- Strong hands-on development skills to prototype technical solutions.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly. Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- Strong in Agile (Scrum) methodology
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America