DevOps Engineer (AWS)
U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to support our federal government customer. In this role, the successful candidate will have experience working with modern development tools in an agile environment. The candidate will need to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Technical skills we value:
--> Strong hands-on scripting/programming skills in any one language (Perl/Python/Java/C, any language)
--> Hands-on experience at OS level (File System Management, Process Management)
--> Application configuration (Like integrating Apache Web server with Tomcat, Configuring NodeJS, Installing MongoDB etc)
- Bridging the gap between legacy development and operations teams.
- Managing network configurations within an Amazon Web Services (AWS) VPC.
- Using Ansible to automate and manage all aspects application configuration and deployment.
- Configuring and managing Linux-based servers and related services on an AWS platform.
- Improving shared libraries and practices around authentication, logging, alerting and monitoring.
- Debugging and diagnosing issues in distributed systems.
- Debugging and diagnosing issues involving disk I/O, network traffic, and resource allocation.
- Design infrastructure for supporting continuous integration.
- Continuous deployment and monitoring.
- Ensuring system uptime and performance.
- Performing security audits, risk analysis, and application-level vulnerability testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline AND;
- 5 years of relevant experience in engineering.
- Experience with relevant technologies:
- Ansible, scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby);
- Test automation frameworks;