Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Software Developer is responsible for participating in the full agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java applications, Microservices, and reusable components to support overall project objectives. The Software Developer will also participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
• Hands-on experience with Postgres a plus
• Previous government development experience a plus
• Experience with Continuation Integration toolsets such as Jenkins
• Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience within a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews current systems and presenting ideas for system improvements, including work estimates
• Develops design specifications for components or subsystems within modest to large Web Applications
• Writes clean, well-documented code
• Engages in effective unit and system testing
• Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications; researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
• Works closely with analysts, designers and staff
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
• Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
• Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports • Other duties as assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Associate Degree in IT related field
• Minimum of Three (3) Years of software development experience
• Familiar with agile incremental delivery approach which supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested application component delivery every 2 weeks
• Familiarity with Java/J2EE Frameworks, programming experience and overall Java development techniques to perform daily Java development, automated unit testing, and troubleshooting responsibilities
• Adheres to, promotes, and helps maintain development standards and best practices; participates in regular code reviews
• Assist development/test teams in activities with acceptance testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as required
• Strong team player with good communication skills demonstrating the ability to work well with developers, QA team members and management to support all areas of the agile SDLC approach • Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements in personal and team processes
• Some experience with iterative and incremental engineering approaches and Agile Methodologies
• Experience using AWS, Jenkins, GitHub, Springboot, Spring, and Hibernate
• Bachelor Degree
• Experience with DHS development processes
• Database programming including SQL Queries, read, writes and updates
• Must be a US Citizen
• Ability to obtain DHS EOD suitability or Current DHS EOD preferred
1875 Connecticut Ave NW, 10th floor Washington, DC, 20009Contact