The Private Sector Group, LLC.
We are a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) IT consulting firm based in Northern Virginia, serving both commercial and federal clientele. We specialize in bringing scaled agile solutions to the enterprise that provide our clients with a competitive advantage like no other.
Why Join Us?
Are you looking for a leading tech consulting company that’s making agile transformation a reality for federal customers? Here at PSG, our team members all share a positive attitude, professional work ethic, and growth mindset that’s making a tangible impact on our world. Our values, company culture, and work-life balance sets us apart second to none!
- We provide opportunities for you to contribute to the success of our customers, within a collaborative team where your expertise makes a difference!
- We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career
- We invest in you to realize your best self
- We honor our commitments - large or small
- We operate with customer-centricity at our core!
- We embrace innovation and creativity
- We take ownership of our work and aim for excellence, conduct business with integrity, trust, honesty, respect, and fairness!
- We offer a culture of open communication with respect to diverse backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints!
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance!
- We offer competitive pay, Bi-annual performance bonuses, benefits, and a program for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
- We offer full-time salaried positions, 100% Remote, flex work schedule!
PSG is looking for an entry to mid-level software engineer who is excited to employ their knowledge, creativity, and teamwork to build highly visible software for a variety of government and private sector clients. The developer will be incorporated into a talented team with a track record of success and a variety of software projects in flight.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Work with a distributed agile team of software engineers, testers, analysts and managers to design, develop, deploy, and maintain software
- Learn and follow industry best practices
- Work closely with team leads on analysis and design – actively seeks advice on tasks and responsibilities, as needed
- Demonstrate ownership and responsibility in all work products
- Focus on quality, producing well designed, thoroughly tested reports and applications that works as expected
- Self-motivated learner – loves to learn
- Attention to detail
- Ability to identify and elevate problems to the right people early
- Strong organizational, time-management, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to convert requirements into user friendly reports and visualizations
- Working knowledge of Power BI platform including Apps, Desktop & Web
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working with data in a variety of forms including flat-files, spreadsheets, data frames, & databases
- Knowledge of Data Management and Access in Azure: CDM, Data Lakes, Data Bricks, Data Factory
- Knowledge of Power BI SharePoint integration
- Working knowledge of relational databases & SQL
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
- Source Control: Git
- Agile Processes and methods: Scrum, SAFe
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Education: BS/BA in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or other scientific degree (or substantial work experience)
- Prior client experience with VA
- MUST be a US Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust
- This position is 100% REMOTE!