Left Plus Right is looking for a Frontend Developer to help build and maintain Wordpress websites, Shopify e-commerce applications, and custom web-based software for our fast-growing clients. You will be working with our small in-house team and directly with clients, to create new websites, modify existing websites, create new templates, add new features, and assist in configuring WordPress and Shopify. From discovery through launch and maintenance, you ll be asked to work with our team to define and estimate project scope, and then implement front-end themes and interactivity.
You ll also be asked to help automate operations, increase conversions, and otherwise drive value to our clients. This role requires an individual who can collaborate effectively with team members, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and get excited about growing (and sharing) their digital expertise daily.
At Left Plus Right, we re small but growing. That means, we all wear multiple hats but get the opportunity to enjoy diversity in our daily work. We believe in delivering best-in-the-world digital expertise, and we do so using cutting edge applications and world-class people.
Are you the next addition to our team?
- Although this is a remote position, we are only considering candidates in the United States and preference will be given to anyone in the EST timezone and even more preference given to candidates in the Richmond, VA area.
- You must be available during normal EST business hours (9A-5P, Monday - Friday)
- At least 4 years of web development experience.
- At least 2 years experience working with Wordpress.
- General experience building, launching, and maintaining Shopify stores, as well as general knowledge of the admin system.
- Thorough testing and debugging skills with browser console and external tools (we use Browserstack).
- Experience developing for responsive layouts for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs (bonus points if this is specifically with plugins for Shopify and WordPress).
- Ability to think through requested tasks and estimate appropriately.
- Experience with Shopify s theming system and Liquid templating.
- Experience with implementing/debugging 3rd party Shopify apps as well as creating custom solutions.
- Experience with Shopify s object/properties, AJAX API, and Metafields.
- Experience with Vue, Angular or React.
- Previous agency experience.
- Work from home (or anywhere with solid internet).
- Flexible Hours.
- A small team means less bureaucratic BS. You will have a direct impact on the success of our clients.
- Really good people.
- Potential fulltime engagement if you re a good fit.
- Please do not call us about this opportunity.
- Please no agencies or staffing firms.