Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Senior Java Developer for Baltimore location. The Java Developer shall have experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. Has prime accountability for detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools. The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, JNDI, JPA, JMS)
- Develop applications using Java and design and develop database components using DB2 or SQL as needed for a WebSphere application.
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
- Git/BitBucket Source code control and Maven build/automation
- Understand and leverage common Java/J2EE architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservice, Layered, Clean, Event Sourcing etc.)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, Java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Messaging, Jenkins, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, VisualVM/Eclipse Profiler (Java performance monitoring tool), Amazon Web Services (S3),BDD (Cucumber or similar)
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments.
- Participate in daily scrum and provide updates.
- Excellent communication and written skills
Day to Day Duties
- Attend daily scrum calls and provide status
- Collaborate with Product Owners, developers, testers, DBAs, etc. to review requirements, assess level of effort, and decompose functionality into software components.
- Design, develop, and unit test software modules/functionality.
- Peer review team members code for quality and standards.
- Demonstrate completed functionality and assist testers/Product Owners with approaches to validate features and refine test cases.
- Attend team meetings with team members to understand and refine business features.
External Referral Bonus:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred with 8 years with advanced IT experience or professional IT certifications.
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
ADP2 / IT2Travel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software DevelopmentPay Range:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.