Your Opportunity We believe that
, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven
by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect
and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge
conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion
our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire
optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
The Trading eXperience Technology team (TXT) at Charles Schwab is responsible for creating industry leading trading interface components on Schwab.com and trading services shared across Schwab.com and Schwab Mobile for millions of retail investors and active traders engaging the markets. We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Web Developer with a strong background in modern services Development and experience as a Lead Developer to join our team. What you are good at
What you have
- Actively developing(coding) applications, working closely with peer developers and QA team members across scrum teams in designing, developing, testing, modernizing, supporting, and integrating client facing user interface components and supporting services
- Experience developing modern web and service development processes and technologies with a strong focus on server/service side development
- Working with scrum team members as well as dependency development partners on the full software development life cycle.
- Influencing, refining and communicating architecture, designs and technologies and implementing best practices as the go-to Development partner between principals and the scrum team members
Why work for us?
- 5+ years of progressive Development experience growing into Lead Development roles
- 5+ years of experience working on small to medium sized Development projects and initiatives
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on Development Lead for other Development and QA team members
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related degree
- Full stack web development experience building distributed scalable enterprise-class applications
- C#/.Net Core, java, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- ASP.Net (Core)
- Experience with relational or document-oriented databases, operational data stores, caches and ETL development
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology & trends
- Experience scaling solutions to millions of clients
- Basic experience with major cloud platforms, tools and technologies i.e Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure
- Hands-on experience with Agile, Scrum processes in planning, implementation and support of business application components and services, including change & release management through CI/CD
- Domain knowledge and experience in application development, including client/server, web components, web services, micro components/services and micro frontends/UIs
- Strong communication, facilitation and motivational skills, with the ability to build rapport and grow consensus with scrum team members, peers and partners in other groups
- Software patterns and SOLID principles
- Strong knowledge of software development, testing, CI/CD using Bamboo, DevOps, maintenance and support
- Secure development experience (i.e. OWASP)
- Automated unit testing, performance and scalability engineering
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Client focused mindset - exceed the expectations of our internal and external customers.
- Must be capable of clearly articulating complex technical issues
- Experience interviewing for top diverse technical talent and growing teams
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where multiple objectives must be managed concurrently.
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.