Please note I have direct access to the Hiring Director of Engineering on this position. Compensation: Base + 10% Bonus + matching 401K + 3 Weeks PTO
Position is 100% Remote
This is an outstanding opportunity for an Application Architect to design and build out brand-new cutting-edge applications in an Azure environment
The leading Global Biotech Company in its niche is looking for an Application Architect. The company has been in business for 50+ years, is publicly traded, has 6+K global employees, has $5.2B in revenues (16% increase over FY 2019), $108 million in profits (44% increase over FY 2020), has 750 product patents, released 7 new products in 2020 and is an active philanthropic institution.
The Application Architect will be driving the ground up design and build out of large complex mission critical cutting-edge enterprise applications and systems. The Application Architect will:
- In collaboration with engineering manager, review, analyze and assess the current architecture and development environment and then be the SME providing technical guidance regarding new application architecture design and the development of enterprise level mission critical applications
- Solely own, design, prototype and build out a brand-new .NET Core architecture and framework running on Azure to solve difficult technical problems, define and deliver highly scalable Application to meet the current and future business needs based on the company s technology roadmap and growth strategy.
- Provide support and mentor development teams
- Be held accountable for relentlessly staying abreast of and performing research on the industries latest bleeding edge technologies and emerging trends and making proposals to showcase their application to the company s architecture
The Application Architect reports to the Director of Engineering
- Must have 2-4+ years as an Application Architect
- Experience with the .NET framework and Azure ecosystem
- Experience with large mission critical software applications and systems
- Experience with one or more of the following: Event Driven Microservice Architectures, REST API Design, SOA, Message Queue frameworks, CI/CD pipelines etc.
- Experience working within an Agile environment and participating in Scrums and/or Sprints
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science, Biology, Science or related degree
Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including: 6% matching 401K, 3 Weeks PTO, HMO/PPO medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees; vacation and paid company holidays, flexible spending plans, tuition reimbursement and a casual work environment.