CGI is looking for .NET Middleware Developers to join our Federal Business Unit in our Belton, TX or Fairfax, VA office. The successful candidate will support various projects with the Federal government and work on a team supporting an extensive application portfolio. Duties will include maintenance of existing applications and contributing towards design and implementation of evolving applications. Your future duties and responsibilities
* Planning, analysis, design, coding, and testing software applications
* Work as integral member of technical teams, supporting standard SDLC phases by regularly performing tasks such as interpreting program specifications and providing analysis, contributing to design, programming/coding, and testing results.
* Debug programs and troubleshoot application issues, in production and development.
* Implement SOA based enterprise applications, modify and maintain SOA services, and provide technical guidance related to SOA.
* Implement secure applications
* Design and implement secure document control systems
* Develop program specifications
* Develop via service-oriented, and RUP-based development methodologies or Hybrid Agile
* Create and maintain technical documentation
* Coordinate with management, other business groups, departments, and IT staff Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* US Citizenship with ability to successfully obtain agency specific security clearance
* 1-2 years' experience developing in the .NET Framework, Web Services/SOAP, Object Oriented design experience, XML.. WCF, WWF, NHibernate/Entity Framework, Spring.NET, WSDL, AOP, Dependency Injection, Microsoft MVC, Microsoft Razor, XML, SQL Server, Oracle
* 1-2 years' experience analyzing and maintaining solutions built using legacy MSFT technologies - > VB6, DNA architectures, classic ASP, IIS 6.0, etc.
* Experience in upgrading application technology stack from legacy MSFT technologies to .NET or JEE platforms is a plus
* Experience in all phases of the SDLC including analysis, design, coding, and testing.
* Experience with OO and SOA concepts.
* Knowledge of and experience with all phases of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and hybrid agile and its disciplines.
* Experiencing doing development using an iterative approach.
* Knowledge of and experience with Agile practices including SCRUM, Kanban, and TDD.
* Working knowledge of UML notations.
* Experience with other languages (e.g, Java, C#) a plus.
* Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
* Experience with SharePoint, Salesforce, or Pega
* Disaster recovery support At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless
the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* Web Services