The Retirement Business Services Technology (RBS) team provides product and application-based design, development, testing, deployment and production support to the Retirement Business Services business units. Particularly in support of web, trustee, custodial, recordkeeping and compliance products for Schwab Corporate and Retirement Services third party provider retirement product and compliance offerings. What you are good at
You will become the technical SME for this application and will lead the design and architecture around re-writing the app into a new framework.
What you have
- Design, and development of enterprise software systems built on REST APIs using .Net Core/C# l everaging current and evolving technologies to design, code, test, debug, document, and analyze current and future applications.
- Should align architectural decisions keeping in mind functional, non-functional (performance, security, scalability, stability, integration) and operational aspects (maintainability, operability, availability) to obtain desired business outcomes.
- Partner, collaborate, and influence business and technology teams to implement innovative solutions maintaining deep understanding of financial applications: the business problems they solve, business roadmaps, technical architecture and existing technical debt.
- Tech/B.E. in Computer Science/Electronics
- 3-5+ years of hands on experience in software development building enterprise software using Microsoft technology stack: .Net framework, .Net Core - C#.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, creating, testing, and consuming APIs using micro-services architecture pattern with a focus on availability, security and performance.
- 3+ years' experience .Net framework leveraging ASP.Net, .Net Core and C#.
- Ability to develop unit/integration tests and effectively automate test execution using modern tools, and technologies.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Hunger to learn with an intense technical curiosity balancing business acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing with .NET Core, .Net framework - ASP.Net, C#
- Experience with agile principles, and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Experience tuning and maximizing performance of UI & API components
- Understanding of SOLID/GRASP design principles, GoF design patterns and appropriate usage
- Ability to work in the cross-functional and matrixed environments
What you'll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab . Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.