Live IT Up at Ciber Global
At Ciber Global, we believe the most inspired, innovative and industrious companies should win, regardless of size or legacy. We re the small company that cares and the big company that can. We deliver breakthrough performances and powerful solutions that are anything but cookie cutter in order to give our clients the competitive advantage they deserve.
Position Summary:The Software Engineer s role is to work in a fast-paced team environment to deliver applications that solve specific business needs. The engineer will work to produce quality code, meet industry standard coding best practices and minimize flaws including bugs and security vulnerabilities.Essential duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the items listed below. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Design software solutions through the application of object-oriented design patterns using .NET
- Maintain and improve existing software programs.
- Recommend improvements to existing programs and processes.
- Troubleshoot and debug software application issues.
- Apply (OWASP) secure coding practices in the software development lifecycle.
- Integrate and test software solutions in a continuous integration environment.
- Read and comprehend design specifications and be able to advise business analysts on the technical specifications of an application.
- Provide estimations of functionality and feature sets based on Technical Specification Documents.
- Demonstrate ability to put together a class diagram using SOLID practices for a product implementation.
- Demonstrate initiative in learning and maintaining new skillsets.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and produce applications in a timely manner.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, CIS or a closely related field.
- Three years direct experience in professional software development.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and multi-tiered MVC applications.
- Experience with.NET Framework.
- Experience with databases (SQL Server) and ORMs (Entity Framework).
- Experience applying OWASP Secure Coding practices.
- Understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.) and Microsoft technologies.
- Ability to work with GIT based source control in a multi-user single project environment.
- Familiarity with Web APIs and WCF Services and related protocols and content types.
- Experience working with both waterfall and agile software development methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Highly motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, project management focused environment.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keep discovering! Click here.
Ciber Global is an IT consulting company who partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, Ciber is an HTC Global Services company. For more information, visit www.Ciber.com.