The Systems Developer (.NET, SQL Server)will use an in-depth and hands-on knowledge of both business functions and software technology to support and streamline manual and automated operational processes within the Technology Solutions space. Operational processes include but are not limited to the monitoring of core Firm systems, data integrations between internal and external software systems, Tier 3 support for critical applications and the delivery of critical reports.
Successful candidate must be a self-starter with a broad professional skill-set and excellent communication skills.
• Develop requirements, perform system configuration and scripting, craft and execute test plans, administer applications and serve as tier 3 support
• Develop, test, and deploy systems integration adaptors/programs using .net, Web services and SQL database scripts/stored procedures to interface core business systems
• Develop and maintain comprehensive business process knowledge of internal functional groups including Finance, eDiscovery, Records, Payroll, HR and Information Technology
• Conduct proactive end-to-end monitoring of systems and data flows, identify business application opportunities for improvement and streamline operational processes
• Research, evaluate, integrate, test, deploy and support internally developed and third-party applications
• Perform functional and data-driven analysis of specific business areas and develop technology alternatives and recommendations to ensure strategic goals are met
• Partner with other technical team members and business functions to facilitate solution delivery and issue resolution
• Provide operational support and maintenance of Firm applications
• Perform troubleshooting and resolution of end-user and application software issues
• Act as liaison to external vendors in conducting case management
• Design and develop ad-hoc data analysis
• Review and advise toward market developments, including upgrades, available features and functionality and new applications
Requirements and Qualifications
• 6+ years of experience in application development and systems analysis.
• 5+ years of Experience in software implementation using a variety of platforms such as C#, VB.NET, Web Services, T-SQL, REST API, SharePoint, BizTalk, SQL Server Services (reporting services, analysis services, and integration services) and PowerShell.
• Development /administration experience with ServiceNow is a big plus but not required.
• Strong professional and interpersonal skills including: Creative problem solving, effective written and verbal communications, planned and organized coordination of cross functional teams., acute attention to detail and quality, driven with the ability to self-manage.
• Exceptional project planning and management skills. Has a thorough understanding of project management principles and experience managing complex projects; has a complete understanding of the software development life cycle, application test plans and associated quality assurance activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related area.
• A strong sense of urgency and the ability to manage others to respond to time deadlines.
• Ability to multi task across project/initiatives and delivers according to time and cost commitments.
• Broad systems thinking: understands the connections and relationships across functions and entities for both internal and external constituencies; thinks appropriately into the future.
• Experience with Elite Enterprise, Intapp Time, and Data Warehousing / Analytics platforms are a plus.
• 2+ years of experience in deploying, interfacing and supporting business applications within the Legal industry preferred.
1460 Broadway - 12th Floor New York, NY, 10036