.NET Developer - Chantilly, VA
* Coordinates with content developers and graphics designers to ensure that needs are technically feasible, translating detailed designs into executable software.
* Provides technical site maintenance and advice on moderately complex issues related to animation, search engine techniques, link integrity, navigation, browsers, graphics, and other technical web developments.
* Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written and then designs, codes, debugs, and documents programs.
* Develops the requirements of a product from inception to conclusion. Tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product
* Designs user interfaces of interactive web applications including ADA 508, and cross browser compliance.
* Maintains compliance with standards and conventions in developing programs.
* Develops required specifications for simple to moderately complex programs or problems.
* Conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action for the non-routine issues.
* Creates coded unit tests and works with Testers/Information Assurance to address program and/or security findings.
* Prepares required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
2-5 years of experience with programming or web development activities.
Experience with C++ and Visual Basic also desirable.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with clients.
* Experience developing scalable databases and applications against a relational database such as Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must work efficiently within multiple teams.
* Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and work in a closed environment with others.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology.
* Strong problem solving, logic, and analytic skills.
* Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
* Familiar with and utilized best programming standards and practices in a professional capacity.
* Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale case management systems and the development of software to satisfy design objectives.