Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Designs, develops, tests and analyzes database driven applications written in C# and .Net to ensure system compatibilities.
* Creates and updates standard compliant Web APIs based on business requirements to streamline data exchange with third parties* software.
* Maintains database tables and enforces data integrity to maximize optimization in database related operations.
* Creates, maintains and executes database SQL scripts on a regular basis and provides ad-hoc reports on membership and conference registration analysis.
* Documents projects & applications and follows the programming standards, procedures and policies defined.
Positions may be reassigned and responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
* Bachelor*s degree in computer science or related field.
* Must have at least 2 years of experience with the following technologies and software:
o Microsoft Technologies
o Hands-on experience in database driven application development in .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET
o MySQL and/or MS SQL Server (Stored Procedures, Reporting Services)
o Implementing Web APIs utilizing WCF, XML and JSON
* Must have the ability to design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability.
* Experience with front-end framework such as Bootstrap, AngularJS
* Must have knowledge of standard development concepts and best practices.
* Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
* Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* A desire to expand knowledge and experience and a commitment to continuous learning.
* Experience and familiarity with cloud computing platforms, such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services is a plus.
* Experience with Sphinx and Elastic/Lucene is a plus.
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
The Genetics Society of America founded in 1931 and located in Bethesda, Maryland, is the professional membership organization for scientific researchers and educators in the field of genetics
worldwide. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.genetics-gsa.org.