Charles Schwab's Software Development Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore, and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. Advisor Services Technology is looking for a Software Developer Senior to work on Schwab's premier custody platform, Schwab Advisor Center. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, low cost, reliable solutions is key to success in this role. Our software developers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology. What you are good at
What you have
- Design, development, testing, deployment, and support of technology for Advisor Service Technology applications
- Technical leadership of personnel, including coaching and mentoring of more junior technical resources
- Supporting applications and systems in a production environment
- Reviewing requirements and translating them into a documented technical design
- Working with an Agile team to deliver solutions
- Interacting with individuals from across Schwab in different supporting organizations and business groups
Why work for us?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or related practical experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience in software development, specifically with C# .NET
- 3-5 years of experience building REST services that support high volume transactions in highly available environments
- Working knowledge of cloud frameworks & design patterns such as Micro-services, Micro-UI, 12-factor design, OOD etc.
- Experience building cloud-ready applications (AWS, Azure, GCF, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, or similar cloud infrastructure)
- Good understanding of database concepts and experience with either SQL or NoSQL solutions. (e.g. SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop)
- Knowledge of authorization frameworks (e.g., OAuth 2, SAML, JWT)
- Experience leading others technically, including providing coaching and mentoring as well as ensuring high code quality and adherence to standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to fully support all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to review requirements, translate these requirements into a design, implement and fully test this design; testing experience should include all aspects of testing (unit, functional, integration, end-to-end)
- Production implementation and support
- Participation in all review and governance activities
- Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers, and leaders
- Detail oriented self-starter
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.