Your OpportunityWe believe that
, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven
by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect
and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge
conventions strategically to bring value to our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion
our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire
optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for hardworking, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Be a member of the Schwab Technology Services team, a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment. We're looking for engineering leaders who are enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies to deliver exceptional software solutions. Require great ethic, problem solving skills and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization. The successful candidate will have a consistent track record of successfully building and supporting enterprise web applications. Our Culture:
Through Clients' Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. What you are good at
What you have
- Partner with Solution Architects, business, and other developers to ensure implementations meet the solution architecture and design.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models. Understand, advocate, and augment the platform principles, guidelines, and standards.
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (differentiation and innovation).
- Assist with the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Align the solutions with the platform strategy. Advocate for agile practices to increase delivery agility. Create, maintain, and ensure consistency to development, coding and testing standards.
- Exceptionally good at event driven programming, pub-sub patterns, and multi-thread programming
- Good understanding of Rabbit MQ, IBM MQ and Kafka queues
Why work for us?
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in Computer Science.
- Full stack developer lead with expertise building high performance web-based applications
- 6+ years demonstrated real world experience in object-oriented languages (.Net, Spring Boot and Spring DI frameworks preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines; including technical architecture, web development, middleware, or database management
- Experience building cloud native, high performance and low maintenance services based on REST
- Experience using Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions and with PaaS concepts
- Demonstrable experience using mocking frameworks and writing Unit Tests, Integration Tests and Acceptance Tests (Feature Tests) in backend services (in UI desirable)
- Proven understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to understand and implement code using SOLID principles
- Experience doing proof of concepts and reviewing designs with Lead Developers and Architects
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to embrace modern architecture paradigms to maximize architectural agility. Shown ability to validate architectural decisions to obtain accurate feedback
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and collaboration
- Financial Services Industry is preferred
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.