Forward thinking, team player with a focus on continuous improvement to help modernize IAS business critical web applications & middleware. Collaboratively design and develop our .NET Core web Client Portal backend to provide secure content via high value, client focused features. This role requires excellent technical & communication skills in working with IT staff to understand business requirements and translate them into robust, modern solutions that integrate seamlessly. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned as necessary.):
- Analysis of data consumption & production by various .NET applications and assemblies
- Analysis of data access for SQL Server and legacy databases
- Design leveraging MVC, Messaging/Integration patterns, REST interfaces, and security best practices
- Development of solutions in accordance with standards set forth by Management encompassing all aspects of application, middleware, and database architecture.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support for developed solutions
- Actively participating in daily standup meetings, whiteboard design sessions, team meetings
This person will be the .NET Core Portal Engineer; designing, developing, and integrating a Portal solution that empowers its users and seamlessly integrates with new architecture and legacy solutions.
This person will assist in driving our client's user experience; Applying Agile principles where appropriate in modernizing and delivering IAS applications, processes, and systems. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Bachelor's Degree in IT or related area; 6 years .NET 4.5 MVC/EF, 2 years .NET Core, 3 years Messaging/Middleware, 8 years SQL Server. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work independently and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work through issues and solve problems pragmatically
- Adept in C#, MVC, EF, and application of design patterns
- Working Knowledge of the .NET Core and .NET 4.5 & 4.6 frameworks and supporting technologies
- Skilled in fully leveraging Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge of .NET Core Security model and application
- Well versed in middleware and messaging architecture to enable enterprise applications
- Ability to leverage diverse .NET assemblies and data sources
- Skilled in managing data in SQL Server
- Skilled in developing RESTful methods leveraging JSON & XML Request/Response payloads
- Ability to debug and automate testing of solutions and integrations with backend technologies
- Adept at conducting research into software-related issues and products
- Ability to independently learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Organized and logical with the ability to communicate well and follow instructions; ability to work independently and with others in an efficient manner; troubleshooting skills.