W2 candidates ONLY, no Corp to Corp!
This position is open to candidates LOCAL to SoCal, who can work on a W2 basis for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship
Interviews are in person on site in Torrance, CA and there is no remote work option for this position
Title: Application Developer .NET
Location: Torrance, CA
Duration: 12 Months Contract
- Working with Project Managers to determine needs and applying/customizing existing technology to meet those needs
- Maintaining and supporting multiple projects and deadlines
- Recording work progress on a weekly basis
- Ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, functionality, testing, and support
- Ability to develop large scale web/database applications
- Project Management skills
- E-commerce integration skills
- Adobe Photoshop skills
- Excellent knowledge of Transact SQL
- Working experience with Content Management Systems
Daily Tasks Performed:
- Monitor and resolve data interface issues
- Verbal and written communication with various stakeholders
- Perform enhancements to existing applications as required which includes frontend, backend, and middleware
- Research technology and provide an action plan
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Monitor and resolve ITSM tickets
- B.S. Computer Science or Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and project manager
- Ability to innovate and provide functional applications with intuitive interfaces
- Ability to construct user guides and documentation
- Project Management skills
- Minimum 2-3 years in backend software design in SQL Server 2000 or 2005, Stored procedures, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#
- Position success is dependent on the applicant's ability to perform technical assignments across proprietary codebase applications as well as third-party tools and software. It is highly desired for this developer to research technology and provide a plan of action. Ability to guide vendors with SSO and Data Interfaces is an activity of this position.
- Although this position mainly works with web development and SQL, it is desired the applicant have an experience in mobile development and deployment for both iOS and Android apps. In addition, knowledge of search technology is a plus.
- This position requires teamwork skills across different audiences such as business stakeholders, vendors, technology teams as well as their own team. It is highly desired the applicant can work with all groups in a professional manner.
Unique Skill Set Desired:
- Web-based and Win32 development & .NET 3.5/4 using MS VS & SQL, Eclipse, Cordova, Clear Case, JQuery
- IBM Mobile First; Share Point, Lucid Works / SOLR, SAP Business Objects