Blue Canopy Group, LLC is looking for a .NET Developer w/ SharePoint in Washington, DC.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) supports fundamental research and education in all the non-medical fields of science and engineering. Blue Canopy provides full life cycle IT support services to the NSF. Our team provides support activities for the entire grants life cycle at the NSF which processes $7B of grants annually. This includes managing, planning, assessing, developing, documenting, implementing, overseeing, testing and evaluating mission critical Agency IT activities.
- Architect, design, and develop a solution using expertise in .Net and knowledge of SharePoint
- Design, configure, develop, and implement enhancements to existing systems with some new system development
- Provide Tier 2/Tier 3 technical support and resolving production defects
- Understand and use the best practices and appropriate software development patterns to develop solutions
- Identify application hot spots and mitigate performance issues
- Understand and actively mitigate potential security holes
- 8 years of professional software development experience, specifically with .Net applications
- Requires a BS Degree in IT related field
- Ability to develop SQL Server Views and Stored procedures and optimize them for performance
- Experience developing applications that implement workflow
- Experience with root cause analysis and defect resolution in a production environment.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and business stakeholders
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
- Experience in scrum (agile) development a plus
- SharePoint certifications desired
- Experience building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices
- Experience with MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) a plus
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems and processes
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
- Microsoft Developer certifications a plus
Clearance: US Citizen able to obtain and maintain Public Trust level clearance. (SF-85 and SF-86 submission required).
Operating at the intersection of mission and technology, Blue Canopy Group, LLC is one of the fastest growing woman-owned businesses in the Greater Washington, D.C. area. We focus on delivering outcomes that matter by harnessing the power of technology, combing governance with process improvement. We provide support to both Federal and Commercial clients in five areas: Mission Support Services, Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Cloud & Mobility and Agile Development. Our core values around commitment to clients and our people drive Blue Canopy in the relentless pursuit to innovate and help our clients’ problem solve by building solutions as a team. Blue Canopy is headquartered in Reston, VA and employs over 400 highly skilled professionals.
Blue Canopy Group, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability