Region 4 Education Service Center is currently looking for a .NET Development Coordinator with experience developing, administering, and maintaining both database and web based applications.
Why work at/for Region 4 Education Service Center? Region 4 employees enjoy competitive salaries, participation in the Texas Teacher Retirement System, 403 B plan, generous health benefits, and a work environment that supports creativity and high performance.
Region 4 Education Service Center is an entrepreneurial organization charged by the Texas Legislature to support statewide goals for school improvement. Region 4 accomplishes this by "creating solutions that become the worldwide standard for educational excellence." As a part of its continuous improvement process, Region 4 offers customized application development.
Individuals that are authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are regrettably not able to sponsor at this time.
- To develop, administer, and maintain database and web based applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Four years of experience in software engineering or development
- Three years of recent experience working with a software development lifecycle methodology
- Three years of experience with relational DB design and architecture, advanced SQL queries and stored procedures
- Three years of experience with ASP, .NET, HTML, XML, SQL Server 2005
- Three years of experience with VB and C#
- Three years of experience with two-tier and three-tier architecture development
- Two years of experience with database clustering, replication, back-ups, storage, and security
- Two years of recent experience with managing and leading a technical team
- Two years of recent project management experience to include Project planning, scheduling, and on-time projection completion
- Two years of experience assisting with client design sessions and collecting requirements
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and operations, including TCP/IP and Windows NT networking
- Understanding of multiple technologies and ability to assimilate easily into new technologies
- Excellent analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a computer-related field, or commensurate computer related experience
- SQL Server DBA experience
- Experience with Crystal Reports or SQL Server Reporting Service
- Microsoft certification
- Perform approximately 60% full life cycle application development and 40% analysis/project team leadership responsibilities
- Perform complex system analysis to provide solutions in the development of services to clients for products and systems supported by Region 4, including: escWorks and alternative certification program applications
- Construct specific project plans for multiple resources including estimating timeframes, dependencies, multi-resource plans, and reconciliation
- Function as a senior technical resource and work with minimal supervision.
- Analyze application data requirements, and develop applications along with designated team members to design/alter existing data structures using Studio .NET and write web applications using the C# programming language
- Consult with upper management in the analysis of short and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations, which anticipate the future impact of changing business requirements
- Coordinate activities with other units (e.g. database telecommunications, networking, technical support, etc.)
- Manage database structural updates in development environments
- Provide performance monitoring and tuning to ensure optimal speed and response times
- Analyze database utilization, sizing of the database, systems supporting the database and establishes integrity controls
- Ensure the reliability, accuracy, and protection of all information, and maintains security
- Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position
- Assist the ITS Director with the supervision and evaluation of department staff
- Physical Demands, Environmental Factors, and Mental Demands:
- Frequent use of standard office equipment
- Prolonged sitting
- Occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Repetitive hand motions (keyboarding and use of mouse)
- Occasional lifting and carrying (up to 15 pounds)
- May work prolonged and irregular hours
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Maintain emotional control under pressure