The Retail Web Technology (RWT) organization is responsible for the development and maintenance of Schwab's extraordinary digital platform for retail clients - individual investors just like you. It is the engineering powerhouse that build and support Schwab.com (Billions of page views per month). On day-to-day basis, our engineers work on world-class scalability and stability challenges using cutting edge technology. We have a close-knit engineering community that support each other and help each other grow.
To build the solid platform that will power our next-generation flagship product, we are looking for a highly accomplished software developer with a strong background in building backend platform and infrastructure, who enjoys being a technical leader and has a real passion for using innovative web technologies to build compelling interactive web applications. We are looking for a highly self-motivated engineer who not only excels at getting things done but also not afraid to push the envelope and change the status quo. We also highly value and respect engineers who can thoroughly test their code and take pride in the quality and craftmanship of their work.What you are good at
As a Software Developer IV, you will need to be a technical domain expert. You will help design and implement highly scalable, available, and resilient
On Prem and Cloud-native application and delivery pipeline. Day to day you will work in concert with architects, software developers, operation engineers and product owners in an agile fashion to build, configure and support Schwab's onPrem and Cloud applications. Daily responsibilities include but not limit to:
What you have
- Design, build and support OnPrem, Hybrid and Cloud Native applications.
- Design and implement public Cloud migration strategy and provide support to the growing engineering community.
- Build and maintain the next-generation, highly available and scalable infrastructure that powers S.com.
- Provide excellent documentation, training and coaching to other engineers to help them onboard and grow.
Why work for us?
- 6+ years' full stack development experience with an emphasis on building highly scalable backend services and REST API.
- Proficient in programming using .Net/C#.
- Proficient in building data intensive applications against SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with Angular, TypeScript, and client side MV* frameworks is a plus.
- Hand-on working experience with at least one of the major Cloud platforms: AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure is highly desirable. Hand-on working experience with container technology and Kubernetes is a big plus.
- Proven technical and business communication skills at various organizational levels.
- Must be able to clearly communicate sophisticated technical and business concepts to team members.
- Very strong technical capability to learn and passionate about new technologies and cCloud trends.
- Confidence solving problems in a fast pace, dynamic customer-focused team environment that uses the newest technologies and techniques
- Understanding of Agile software development principles, including experience participating in a Scrum-based delivery team.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent in the STEM field.
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.