Your Opportunity We believe that
, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven
by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect
and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge
conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion
our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire
optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future. Our Opportunity:
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Trading team in the delivery of high throughput, low latency solutions. The role will be part of one of our Sprint based Agile teams that is currently playing a dual role of supporting the existing Trading platform while building out our to-be architecture. We will be building Schwab's future trading platform and you will design, build and deploy software to support all of Schwab's trading. We work hard and have fun doing it! What you are good at
What you have
- As a developer you will be a self-driven individual contributor; provide efficiently organized and designed logic; be highly-motivated and well versed in developing robust easily maintainable applications.
- You are able to quickly understand complex problems and come up with simple solutions.
- Ability to communicate well with teams and leaders of the organization; have good listening skills and ask great questions
- This position requires good interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail is required.
- A willingness to learn and grow is a must. Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
Why work for us?
- 4+ years of enterprise technology related experience in application development using c# .NET / .NET core
- Strong knowledge and working experience with web services (REST).
- Experience in messaging and services-based software, preferably in a cloud platform using RabbitMQ, Kafka or equivalent technologies
- Experience working in any cloud based technologies like Google Cloud Platform, PCF or AWS etc.,
- Experience/knowledge with SCM (Atlassian tools Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo etc.) and DevOps tool suite is preferred
- Experience with test driven development preferred (Junit, EasyMock etc.,)
- Experience and strong fundamental knowledge in one or more types of database management systems like SQL Server, MongoDB and Redis etc.,
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum Experience adopting or managing continuous Integration and continuous delivery concepts and frameworks
- Schwab systems experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.