Your Opportunity We believe that
, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven
by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect
and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge
conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion
our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire
optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. What you are good at
Are you able to help bring our legacy application to new technologies? The undertaking we need your help with is to take an application written in C# Winforms .Net 4.6.2 and upgrade it to .Net 6 and beyond.
The application has been an industry leader for 15+ years but it's age and technical debt are beginning to show. We need a Senior level developer that can help us tackle this challenge.
As a team we face two major tasks, modernizing our application while supporting our current client base.
You will be joining a small but highly visible team where you will have a direct impact on the success of the product.What you have
Why work for us?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
- 3-5+ years' professional experience in software development
- Ability to fully support all development phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3-5 years of C# programming experience
- Knowledge of Winforms
- Knowledge of .Net Framework 4.6.2 and above
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server (able to create and use stored procedures)
- Excellent debugging and trouble-shooting ability
- Knowledge of DevExpress a plus
- Knowledge of GrapeCity Spread a plus
- Knowledge of newer technologies such as Blazor and MAUI are a big plus but not required
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.