Description of Work:
- The WorkTrack team requires experienced, driven, and accountable software developers who can follow an Agile workflow. This includes participation and influence through sprint planning sessions, stand-ups, retrospectives, and blameless post-mortems.
- Maintaining the current version of the application a .Net Framework MVC project with custom webpack and bootstrap front-end code is crucial to ensuring existing functionality is still available as the new version of WorkTrack is gradually released. Developing a distinct RESTful API back-end and a single page application (SPA) front-end will position WorkTrack to better adapt to architectural changes.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Assist the WorkTrack application development team in developing WorkTrack according to a living roadmap that will change along an agile development life cycle.
- Team member is experienced, driven, and accountable developers who can follow an agile workflow including participation and influence through sprint planning sessions, stand-ups, retrospectives, and blameless post-mortems.
- Maintaining the current version of the application a .Net Framework MVC project with custom webpack and bootstrap front-end code.
- Development of a distinct RESTful API back-end and a single page application (SPA) front-end to position WorkTrack to better adapt to architectural changes.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelors degree and 7 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 5 years of relative experience, or 11 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years experience with the following:
- Server: c#, .net framework, .net core, web api, asp.net mvc, razor, entity framework, linq, nuget, dependency injection, soap, web services, jwt auth, hangfire, rabbit mq, domain driven design, clean architecture
- SQL: tsql, stored procedures, relational dbs
- Testing: ms tests, xunit, unit tests, integration testing, end to end testing, feature testing, test plans
- Infrastructure: windows server, iis, ansible, code as configuration
- Other: agile/scrum, azure devops, pipelines, automated builds, CI/CD
- 5+ years experience using Git source control
- 5+ years experience creating RESTful APIs in .net core
- 5+ years experience using Azure DevOps Server or similar application lifecycle management (ALM) software
- The ability to communicate frequently and effectively with the team to convey work status and any challenges
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust clearance.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience and proficiency with the following:
- Familiarity with the testing pyramid
- Experience refactoring code to make it easy to test
- Experience developing contemporary front-end applications using libraries or frameworks like React and Angular
- Experience developing HTML that is 508 compliant and works well with screen readers
- Experience following an agile development cycle
- Experience with code-first workflows:
o Create remote branches from work items on a Kanban
o Integrate completed work via peer reviewed pull requests
o Creating and maintaining automated build and release pipelines
- Experience utilizing and contributing to a project wiki
- Familiarity with the following frameworks:
o Entity Framework
- Experience with domain driven design (DDD), clean, and vertical slice architecture
- Experience with configuring and maintaining Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Experience developing TSQL queries and stored procedures.