The .NET Engineer will work with team lead to provide customized web-based database applications using Microsoft (MS) .NET and C# technology with JQuery, SOAP, and T-SQL on MS SQL databases. They are expected to follow the best practice of system development life cycle (SDLC) to develop dynamic web and database applications meeting the business area and/or investigators requirements. The .NET Engineer is expected to understand and address the information security and federal web standards (e.g. Section 508) whenever possible during their development and testing cycles.
NOTE: REQUIRES Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.SHIP OR Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE
- Provide full life-cycle support for the analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of internet and intranet web applications.
- Provide testing and maintenance support on existing systems and applications such as Billing systems.
- Determine system specifications, modify and expand existing systems, create and maintain new systems or modules, and develop architectural and related documentation.
- Select and apply proven principles of enterprise architecture, object-oriented programming (OOP), design patterns, and other platform best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of next-generation web application and collaboration environments such as service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Recommend and implement appropriate software tools to contribute to the full development life-cycle processes of a project.
- Master and implement new technologies and solutions.
- Determines and documents data information classification, data mapping and system design.
- Develops ad hoc query and canned reports requested by the project manager and/or project stakeholders.
- Populates and transforms data using XML, scripting, import/export with MS Excel, CSV, etc.
- Maintain Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices.
- Communicate with stakeholders to support their operation needs.
- Minimum of 3-5 years strong programming experience in developing and supporting dynamic web applications using Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET and C# with MS SQL Server, T-SQL, LINQ, ADO.NET, MVC, Web Service and Entity Framework.
- Must have working experience in maintaining source code and deploying applications via various technologies such as SVN and Source Safe, etc.
- Must have fluid communication skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills, and work well on site in a team environment.
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Knowledge of the SDLC phases and associated methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Experience with database schemas design and database normalization.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative, analytical problem-solving who is able to work with minimal supervision and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as superior time management abilities.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret requirements into functional code.
- Familiarity with Section 508 standards, HTTPS and WC3 standards.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.