We are looking for a passionate and motivated team member who wants to develop innovative solutions in an agile and collaborative environment. As a member of the iasWorld Product Team, you will be part of the driving force behind our mission to empower the public sector to create smarter, safer, and stronger communities.What makes this position exciting?
Do you ever wonder how government agencies gather and analyze massive amounts of data? Or perhaps why your property is appraised at a certain value? And do you like making dynamic applications using modern tech stacks? Then join our Appraisal & Tax team at Tyler Technologies to help build the future of modern property appraisal solutions.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Have a real impact as a core member of a small team, working to solve problems that impact lives and convert your programming skills into tools to help government agencies and taxpayers.
- Work in a highly collaborative and Agile software development environment, coordinating closely with teammates and regrouping through daily scrums.
- Be part of an amazing company culture - we will look to you to bring fresh ideas and new perspectives to our existing products.
- 3-5 years software development experience with focus on web products; front-end and back-end
- Strong understanding of general engineering concepts like design patterns, OO programming and SOLID principles, UML, HTTP, MVC, APIs, data structures and algorithms.
- Proven experience with Microsoft development technologies and tools: C#, Visual Studio, .NET and .NET Core
- Ability to work directly with Subject Matter Experts to translate requirements into specifications and code.
- Experience with WCF, REST and WebAPIs, including Web Sockets, JSON and Swagger
- Good working understanding and experience with relational and non-relational database technologies and concepts like Oracle, PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, TSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Elasticsearch.
- Working understanding and experience with secure coding practices: OWASP, XSS, CSRF, SSO/Authentication and static code analysis tools.
- Working understanding of application architecture concepts like n-tier, SOA, service bus, and event-driven.
- Demonstrated ability to move projects forward with minimal direction.
- Solid research, analytic, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Work with technology-driven solutions that cover the full spectrum of the land development life cycle, including mass appraisal services, land and official records management, and property tax assessment and administration. From data collection to computer-assisted mass appraisal to tax billing and collections, you can help develop and deliver solutions that build thriving communities and fundamentally change how local governments operate in the future.Location
Dayton Metropolitan Area, OhioTravel
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.