Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
• Development of crystal reports using direct SQL queries from the Accela Oracle database and writing ad-hoc and saved search reports using the native application reporting tool.
• Gathering of business requirements to document specifications for reports development.
• Interact with Accela application and reports users in reports testing and production maintenance.
• Development and implementation of processes for reports and application support and maintenance.
• Develop and maintain scheduled and/or online scripts for the Accela system.
• Provide production support for the Accela application by assisting in ad-hoc development, implementation processes or support maintenance.
• Follow through on all issues and customer inquiries to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
• Prioritize and assign target completion dates for fixes and change controls in conjunction with the client and team members.
• Enforce the client’s business processes and operations when supporting the business applications users and vendors and for business applications maintenance (i.e. version upgrade, apply patch, etc.)
• Ensure the change control process is followed for all fixes and change controls.
• Ensure the escalation process is followed for all issues and coordinate the effort to resolve the issues in a timely manner.
• Lead the effort to perform root cause analysis for issues and design solutions to avoid recurrence of the same issue.
• Interact with city staff and vendors in resolving issues and other business related matters in maintaining the Accela websites, payment portals and business applications.
• Develop custom applications/modules and other programs in support of business operations service initiatives.
• Able to support the city departments 24x7 business operations and be available onsite during the city’s business hours.
• Educational background preferably in the fields of Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Must have minimum 2 years of business applications maintenance support and/or development experience
• Must have 2 to 5 years working experience in crystal reports development preferably using the latest version of Crystal Reports.
• Must have working experience and functional knowledge of the Accela Permits and Land Management software.
• Proven work experience as an applications developer.
• Must have working experience in providing production support for business applications or maintaining business applications including troubleshooting and resolving application related issues.
• Must have working experience or knowledge with Oracle databases. MS SQL Server database management experience a plus.
• Must have hands-on programming experience using SQL, PL/SQL.
• Must have excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills and technical writing/documentation skills
• Must have the ability to work in a team environment
• Must have the ability to multi-task and provide off-hours support for production related business applications issues and/or technical environment support
• Must have the ability to train application users and produce technical documentation and/or user guides
• Must have good problem solving, organization and planning skills
• Working knowledge of Accela Automation development is desirable
• Working knowledge of Accela Citizen Access Portal is desirable
• Working knowledge of Accela Tidemark System is desirable
• Working knowledge in website development and/or maintenance is a plus
• Working knowledge of SharePoint application development is a plus
• Working knowledge in using third-party open-source portals (i.e. WordPress) is a plus
• Working knowledge in developing and maintaining reports using COGNOS or any other industry equivalent tools is a plus
For consideration, please reference job number 3239
San Francisco, CAContact