Our direct current client is seeking a technical sound leader who came into this role from a developer or architect background. Looking for someone with client facing application development experience (retail would be great but not required.)
Director of Web Development
Permanent Opportunity in Atlanta
The Director of Web Development is responsible for leading our team to success by setting technology standards and processes, delivering high-quality solutions, and guiding a team of over 40+ professionals. This an opportunity to shape the future of our marketing technology with tangible impact on software architecture, team culture, and business decisions.
While this is a senior management-level role, the optimal candidate will have risen through the engineering / development ranks and have a high level of technical proficiency in front and back-end web development in a variety of frameworks. More importantly, the qualified candidate will be responsible for researching and assessing new technologies, as well as improving development processes. If you can work on both ends of the spectrum (the 30,000-foot view and on the ground level) this could be for you! We are a determined and innovative team with a deep focus on cutting-edge technology stack to accomplish digital marketing goals.
- Grow, manage, and develop the Web Development team.
- Lead and guide Web Development team members in the implementation and execution of web development projects. Oversee day-to-day, hands-on web development across projects.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to create innovative solutions for our business.
- Review functional and technical requirements for web-based marketing and ecommerce channels.
- Define and document web development standards and evolve processes to create greater efficiencies.
- Proven experience with hands-on programming; ability to interact with software developers at the code level.
- Coordinate with 3rd party providers and oversee the support and monitoring of consumer-facing web properties.
- Ensure Q/A practices are implemented and met across all work and projects.
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking to foster team member growth and independence. Manage team by ensuring each team member is individually set up for success in their role. People management responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching and mentoring, professional development, problem solving, evaluation and performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is required.
- Master’s in Computer Science or in a similar field is preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience with web frameworks and languages including AWS, NodeJS, MongoDB, React, GraphQL, and RestAPI.
- Proficient in implementing responsive and adaptive design.
- Expertise in serverless and microservice oriented architectures.
- Analytics implementation including tagging structures, Google Tag Manager and Analytics, custom analytics implementation.
- Certification(s) in Agile / AWS / PMP a plus.
- $160,000 to $180,000, depending on experience
- $25,000 bonus
***Must be local and eligible without sponsorship.
To apply, please email your resume to