When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
New York Life is seeking a senior level .Net Developer/ Selenium Developer whose primary focus is to design, develop and modify Selenium C# automated test scripts based on manual test cases, functional requirements, or existing functionality of the system. These automated tests are to be developed in keeping with the established automation framework. Analyze test results and report any issues or defects found to be responsible QA, development or business unit. Effectively communicate with leads and management as well as team members. The role of the senior .Net Developer/ Selenium Developer is to build scripts, in parallel to development, that will increase the overall coverage of QA's regression testing while making the testing more efficient to be able to execute multiple times if needed. Primary Duties and Functions, but are not limited to:
- Review user stories / requirements with system analysts, developers and QA to ensure automation scenarios are appropriate to demonstrate that the delivered solution meets agreed upon requirements.
- Responsible for all the test automation deliverables of the project(s)
- Empowers the project test teams to do their own automation with the help of right tools and strategies.
- Analyzes manual test cases and functional specifications to determine best approach for automating scripts
- Documents scripts with comments to provide insight to test logic
- Participate and contribute effectively in Agile ceremonies
- Executes tests scripts for smoke testing and regression testing
- Analyzes test results to report defects and issues found during test run
- Lead the team in writing technical procedures and documentation for new and existing scripts including user guides; develop processes, deployment processes, and framework designs.
- Work with the team in enhancing coding standards and best practices for Test Automation Team
- Assists in the role/responsibility of driving knowledge management practices for Test Automation documentation.
- Set up and drive knowledge sharing / transfer with the Test Automation team and improvement sessions
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Assist in developing and unit-testing web and windows-based applications.
- Proactively keeping updated of industry developments, skills and technologies and share information, ideas and best practice with team members to improve skills across the group.
- Assists in the role of working with architecture on foundational efforts
Lead / participate in design solutions by providing input into the design of the automation scripts, providing advice and feedback on the approach.
- Makes decisions that have cross-functional impact
- Communicates difficult concepts; influences others to adopt a different point of view
- Contribute to the building of a continuous Integration (CI) environment and ongoing process improvement activities
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvements within the Automation domain and core disciplines that have impact outside of Automation
- Collaborates with others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Can provide guidance to Automation colleagues, contributing to their technical development.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- 5 + years of experience as .Net Developer / Selenium Developer (Automation Engineer) using C#.Net
- Familiarity with the .Net, ASP.Net, SQL Server, and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC)).
- Experience working in Continuous Integration (Bamboo) and DevOps environments.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in testing APIs, Service End Points in both distributed and Mainframe Systems.
- Knowledge of Life Insurance and/or Annuities a plus.
- Proficiency developing in Selenium WebDriver, C# .NET, and NUnit.
- Strong C# .NET and object-oriented programming background
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with developing / maintaining Automation frameworks
- Experience working in large complex Agile projects.
- Possess experience in Test Planning, execution, tracking tool, preferably JIRA
- Strong understanding of Selenium/WebDriver and keyword / data driven frameworks.
- Experience using Bitbucket (Git) source code repository
- Experience with testing front-end and backend APIs of Web and Batch applications.
- Proficiency using SoapUI, ReadyAPI, Postman or similar test harnesses for RESTful web service testing
- Good understanding of RESTful API and SOAP (ReadyAPI) web services.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with new innovative trends or tools in the industry.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 83536