Location : Richmond, VA
Duration : 12+ months
Need to attend in-person interview. (Expenses can be discussed)
The Senior Developer is expected to take a lead role within the team, ensuring that programming best practices are being followed, prioritizing work effectively, addressing production issues in a timely manner, and writing system documentation when required. The successful candidate should have strong communication skills to be effective in both technical and business requirement discussions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ability to develop web applications and backend services using Angular, C#, ASP.NET MVC, REST API, .NET Core, Java Script, JQuery, Node.js and CSS. Design and develop database objects in SQL Server.
- Design and develop using appropriate software design patterns to attain high re-usability and maintainability.
- Write effective unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality software delivery
- In-depth knowledge of system design patterns, tiered architecture, and testing practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects. Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Work with project business and system analysts to clarify the requirements and then implement them
o Participate in code reviews
o Enforce standards and best practices
o Participate in Agile SDLC