Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a .Net Developer for a contract
assignment with one of our premier clients in Metro-Detroit, MI
. In this role, you will work within a team in designing, developing, and implementing high-quality solutions using Microsoft technologies and open source software. Candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of designing solutions to meet customer demands and be willing to take ownership of problems and work with team members to deliver solutions that meet customer needs.
Known internally as Independent Contractor - Corporate Applications Development & Integrations Senior Developer, the position is a full-time/long-term Contractor role located in Southfield, Michigan, reporting to the Corporate Applications Development Manager. Paid relocation is not available. Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze customer needs, document requirements, and design technical solutions
- Assist in delivery of web and windows-based solutions using .NET technologies (C#, VB.NET)
- Assist in the design and development of applications that interface with other enterprise applications
- Communicate with project managers and business analysts to gather accurate specifications under direction of senior team members.
- Responsible for supporting and enhancements of present applications.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical area or equivalent hands-on experience. Strong preference is given to those who have continued to upgrade their skills through education, training, and certifications.
- Minimum 3 years of professional development experience using Microsoft technologies (VB.NET, ASP.NET MVC - C#) is required.
- Strong in ASP.NET MVC, C#, Entity Framework, LINQ SQL Server, Reporting Services
- Experience in any ETL tools (cloud based or on-prem) is a plus
- Expertise in the design and implementation of user-centric software, with focus on usability
- Experience creating, and consuming Web Services / Web API preferred
- Experience using 3rd party controls like Telerik preferred
- Experience in SQL 2008/2012 and SQL Reporting Services preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills, both business and technical
- Ability to work independently and remain focused under time constraints
- Experience in trouble shooting with a penchant to provide high quality work is preferred
- Must have the ability to work full time; must be able to work in an office environment; must be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer