Working direct with the Hiring Manager of a global organization located in Midtown, NYC. They are seeking a Sr. .Net Developer who has enterprise experience.
We can only work with you as a W2 hourly - NO CORPS (even if you are an independent). This is an immediate opportunity for local candidates only.
- This position requires an individual with at least 10 years of experience in enterprise software development.
- The candidate needs to be able to manage multiple projects of moderate to large size and complexity.
- The Senior Software Developer position requires working in a dynamic technical team environment with minimal supervision, reporting to the Software Development Manager with an overall responsibility of analyzing, evaluating and implementing user requirements for new or existing Software applications.
- Planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with no assistance from the supervisor
- Working closely with upper management.
- Design and develop software systems making specific determinations about system performance.
- Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff, to keep systems current with changing technologies.
- Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems to form a basis for the solution of information processing problems.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers.
- Analyze application performance, diagnose and troubleshoot problematic software and design solutions to improve overall performance.
- Analyze current software and processes and make recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
- Develop, enhance and debug new software for assigned projects, including the maintenance of all necessary documentation.
- Test new software to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that application results are accurate; assists lower-level programmers with programming assignments.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Responsible for communicating with technical services support staff regarding programming needs and performance.
- Provide feedback to analysis/training staff about performance considerations / usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Aid testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Review, to the extent possible, changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
- Must have worked for the last 10 years on enterprise applications, preferable on applications that involve high volume transactions. These applications must have been deployed to production.
- Experience with Microsoft Technologies (.Net, VB6, C#, SQL, Classic JSP, MS-IIS,)
- Experience with Cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Be familiar with emerging technologies and industry trends
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Familiarity with modeling tools with ability to create use cases, object diagrams, class diagrams and sequence diagrams
- Good understanding of application security concepts and methodologies
- Good understanding of testing methodologies
- Experience in complete software development life cycle implementations.
- Experience working in a matrix management, technical environment of highly skilled professional employees. Strong ability to communicate, influences, and negotiates with others to meet and exceed expectations for timely delivery of designated projects.
- Proven ability to develop, monitor, impact, and present ideas, recommendations, decisions, and relevant to assigned project.
- Excellent and demonstrated interpersonal skills to facilitate communication, process development, implementation, and administration that lead to the achievement of team goals and objectives.
- College degree required.