This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment within the public sector, supporting a variety of clients and using the most cutting-edge technologies. We value professional development, growth, and leadership.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant in our practice you will:
*Provide Technology Solution Development and Integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment
*Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
*Participate in or lead the development of client deliverable content
*Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
*Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
*Provide coaching to junior staff
*Contribute to new business and proposal development
*Manage own personal and professional development, seeking opportunities for expansion of consulting skills and experiences
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
* Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies to ever changing problems.
* Expertise in principles of object-oriented software design and programming.
* 3 years' experience with .Net programming language.
* Experience with Internet technologies such as HTTP, REST web services, and related emerging web standards.
* Knowledge and experience developing SQL or PL/SQL queries
* Ability to write and present technical material in the form of white papers, test plans and reports, and technical reports.
* Ability to thrive in a diverse team environment consisting of coworkers, government sponsors, government contractors, or other vendor personnel
*Top Secret clearance required.
* Experience with DevExpress
* Understanding of relational database design technologies such as SQL and mySQL.
* Experience using a version control tool.
* Experience using a DevOps tool such as Chef.
* Comfortable working on a Microsoft development platform.
* Experience with UI / front end (JS, HTML, CSS) design and development.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.