The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain the individual, internally developed plant production and business systems. Participates in a team responsible for the design, implementation, and deployment of plant and business systems. This is a hands-on role working collaboratively with development and operations to enable quick builds in parallel projects including working with customer to build project scope and deadlines.
- 300+ application total, comprised of VB6 and .Net. These are Windows Apps, Web Apps, Window Services, Web Services.
- Muncie has about 26 applications they will be supporting along with new development.
- Tarboro has about 200 applications they will be supporting along with new development.
- Corporate has about 30 applications.
One position would be located in Muncie, IN and the other in Tarboro, NC.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Skills):
- 4-year College Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent experience and education
- 6+ years Desktop and Web Development Experience
- 4+ years in C#, VB, ASP.NET, NET Framework 2.0 – 4.0, .NET Core, Visual Studio
- Oracle Database, SQL Server, Windows Server
- Proven track record of designing scalable, distributed software applications.
- Object-oriented design experience
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience and Skills)
- Business process in lean manufacturing experience
- Strong understanding of IT Security and IT Business Risk Controls
- Working experience with Glovia or other ERP Systems.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to make sound business decisions, exercise good judgment, and be highly motivated
- Excellent debugging skills, able to debug complex technical issues involving multiple systems.
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and related tools.
- Ability to write and execute database queries and create database objects (Stored Procedures, Tables, Triggers)
- Intermediate understanding of computer hardware.
- Ability to work solo or in a team environment on multiple parts of a project.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with customers, vendors, and external stakeholders to exchange information, understand requirements, and solve problems related to assigned projects, within guidelines as requested
- Ability to design, code and test new Windows and Web software applications
- Create technical specification and test plans
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation
- Consult colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems
- .NET Framework, .NET Core
- C# / VB.NET / ASP.NET / Winforms
- Oracle and SQL Server Databases
- SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Team Foundation Server
- Visual Studio 2008 and greater
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Cognos Reports, Crystal Reports experience preferred
- Glovia Experience preferred
Essential to Job Functions – Physical and/or Mental Restrictions:
- Ability to work for long periods of time while sitting
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including 24/7 production facilities where associate may be on call.
- Visual ability to work accurately with detailed information and a computer screen
Work Environment – Travel, Noise, Smells, Quiet, Indoors or Outdoors, etc.
- Some travel may be required.
- Exposure to factory setting with noise
- Personal Computer
- Visual Studio Development Tools
- Related Software and Devices