Responsibilities and qualifications for the role include:
Essential Functions to include:
• Work with internal, client and commercial customers in developing application systems.
• Conducting analysis of current and new application systems developed.
• Design, develop, program and test computer software that is complex in nature and requires extensive research.
• May be called upon to provide work leadership and mentorship to lower level employees.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline and seven years of work experience in software development as a Senior/Lead Software Developer. Two additional years of applicable experience may be substituted for the degree.
• Must be able to design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications.
• Must be able to work with analysts to understand their analytic or interface requirements.
• Must be able to develop tools and interfaces. Design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
• Must be able to set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
• Must be able to design embedded systems software.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team