Our client is an established organization in the Metro Phoenix area known for a cutting edge technology organization. They are currently seeking an independent and self-motivated Software Developer with tremendous initiative who would enjoy the opportunity to play a significant role in the future direction and success of this dynamic and fun organization. Their outstanding benefits include medical, dental, 401K with matching option, generous PTO and holiday schedule.
Here are some details regarding this full-time opportunity:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Works directly with business partners to develop the technical design of custom applications.
• Defines best practices for application coding and design.
• Works closely with business groups and development team to ensure that technical design and applications satisfy business needs.
• Establishes product roadmaps and schedules with input from business groups and the development team.
• Supports the definition, implementation of architectures, tools and processes to facilitate solution development.
• Able to interface and effectively integrate Microsoft Office product suite.
• Confer with users and team members to develop, understand and update requirements for configuration and development of software.
• Write and maintain programming documentation on subjects including code, API functionality, and software issue creation/resolution.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed.
• Maintain, support and troubleshoot Web applications hosted on a software as a service platform.
• Identify opportunities for application scalability, sustainability & improvement
• Evaluate customer or internally drive functionality change requests for technical feasibility and level of effort
• Prepare database schema for review and deployment
• Execute programming updates for application updates or enhancements per project.
• Conduct application software testing, prototype review, and quality assurance for stage and production release and post release monitoring and follow up.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but is responsible for mentoring, guiding and counseling less experienced staff members on technical issues as related to project management and applications development, testing and deployment.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Basic technical knowledge of current software protocols, business platforms, middleware, internet standards, and database software.
• Demonstrated ability to use and understand:
• Internet Information Server, Component Services and Index Server, SQL Server (stored procedures constraints and triggers)
• Visual Studio.NET using C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
• Familiarity with project management techniques including planning, organizing, time management and financial management.
• Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail and willingness to learn and be a team player.
• Strong desire to learn new technologies; be adaptive to new tools.
• Knowledge of all basic Object Oriented Concepts.
• SQL experience and basic understanding of relational databases
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software design and implementation; experience leading large projects, mentoring staff and creating problem-solving strategies.
Strong understanding of web servers, load-balancing, redundancy and 3-tier architecture; system development lifecycle processes; object-oriented development and principles.
An equivalent combination of directly-related work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
Must pass background check