The .Net Developer is a second-tier programming position for Courts & Justice development team. This position focuses on developing Tyler software products, maintaining existing Tyler applications, and developing code for new applications according to technical specifications and system designs.
- Participates in analyzing, designing, writing, and testing code.
- Documents and implements functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems. This is completed in accordance with customer requirements and defined organizational methodologies.
- Reviews code from other developers for correctness, performance, and adherence to company coding policies.
- Produces written test cases for new application development and system enhancements.
- Performs testing of new application development and enhancements.
- Performs maintenance coding (i.e. bug-fixing) on existing Tyler applications.
- Reviews business requirements documentation.
- Produces internal development documentation as needed.
- Partners and interacts with external clients to resolve software issues on a regular basis.
- Provides technical backing to the support team to troubleshoot end-user problems.
- Performs other job-related duties as needed.
- 0-5% travel to client sites.
- BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 0-5 years experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies.
- .Net / C# (or similar high-level language)
- SQL Server
- Excellent interpersonal skills: verbal & written communication, teamwork, and customer service.
- Ability to work well both independently and with a team.
- Passionate about technology projects and problem solving; prefers a variety of work over repetitive work.
- Demonstrated ability to write and test code within deadlines and budgets.
- May be required to pass a fingerprint background check (for CJIS requirements).
- Understanding of and experience implementing unit testing methodologies.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler. Apply Online
Requisition Number: 2018006-1