Responsible for developing enterprise wide cross-functional software solutions, working closely with IT Software Architects and IT Business Analysts technical teams.
1. Participate in solution design to satisfy a wide range of business needs.
2. Analysis and translation of business requirements into technical requirements for development, and creation of design documents and technical specifications.
3. Adhere to Best Practices and Standards in the areas of technology and security.
4. Provide post implementation support including, but not limited to, monitoring application performance and debugging existing code.
5. Keep abreast of advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged provide business solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Minimum 3 years of experience in software development with strong skills in at least one key competency.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Strong relational database knowledge.
2. Understanding of best practices and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
3. Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle; with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
4. Working knowledge of the network and/or server infrastructure required to host an application on the platforms in areas of expertise.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skill.
6. Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
7. Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions.
8. Ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment. Experience with Agile strongly desired.
9. Ability to obtain a security clearance.
10. Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance strongly desired.
11. Microsoft .N frameworks (4.5.2 and higher)
12. ASP.net, C#
13. Microsoft IIS
14. REST Web Services
15. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and higher
16. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
18. AWS experience a plus