Role: Systems Engineer
Location: Greater Chicago Area, IL
Job Type: Full-time/Permanent
The purpose of the Systems Engineer is to facilitate sustained business systems functionality and implement improvements that enable the business to improve service, cost, facilitate cash management, and enable growth. The Systems Engineer is responsible for effective maintenance, operation, configuration of the business application ecosystem. This includes, but is not limited to, ERP, WMS, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, TMS, PIM, and application interfaces between each for the sharing of information.
The Systems Engineer will build a book of knowledge for each business system and become the go-to resource for questions or projects regarding these systems. This individual will also help ensure the users’ needs are met by regularly polling users and using their feedback to propose changes to the system. This individual will also perform preventative maintenance on business system software throughout the organization to prevent failures over time.
- Primary support for Business Applications (ERP, WMS, etc).
- Investigate the application ecosystem and determine/enact areas of improvement.
- Collaborate with team members regularly to find and introduce cost and time-saving changes.
- Build and maintain a Book of Knowledge for each major business system and subsystem.
- Document system changes, modifications, and custom field usage.
- Coordinate, plan, test, and perform software upgrades to the ecosystem as needed.
- Develop, create, and maintain data interfaces between the core ERP systems and other business systems (TMS/WMS/Purchasing/Demand Planning/etc.).
- Resolve issues related to data interfaces between core ERP system and other business systems (TMS/WMS/Purchasing/Demand Planning/etc.).
- Implement systematic improvements via collaboration with other team members.
- Identify and implement methods of systems sustainability.
- Investigate and resolve issues related to the WMS, ERP, and other interconnected systems (Demand Planning, etc.).
- Investigate and resolve issues between the ERP and bulk data load-in systems for externally received information.
- Develop, maintain, and mature APIs.
- Collaborate with DBA to integrate data from other applications through the DW into the ERP/WMS/etc.
- Maintain custom apps.
- Develop and Maintain documentation of standard processes.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology or related area of study, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a programming or development role in MS Programming Stack (.NET Framework) (3-5 years).
- Prior experience in an Import/Distribution company is a plus.
- Prior experience on SMB ERP, WMS, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, PIM, and TMS platforms is a plus.