Job Title: Product Director, Agile Delivery Product Line
Salary Range: Min: $115,826 Mid: $154,435 Max: $193,044
Hay Points: 994
Dept/Div: IT/IT Product Management
Supervisor: Deputy Chief, Agile & Citizen Product Group
Location: 2 Broadway New York NY 10004
Hours of Work: 8 :30 AM - 5:00 PM (7.5 hours/day) In order to protect our employees and continue to provide safe and reliable service to our communities, as of November 14, 2021 we are requiring all new MTA hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. MTA will consider exceptions for religious and medical reasons, where appropriate. "Fully vaccinated" means you must have both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose, or have received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. Proof of your vaccination status in the form of a CDC vaccine card must be submitted prior to your start date.
The Product Director, Agile Delivery Product Line
is responsible to coach, mentor and guide our scrum masters, developers, operations teams and business stakeholders on the agile processes, behaviors, practices and ceremonies utilizing both Scrum and Kanban, along with providing support during project execution. The Product Director will lead a team that will help to transition our business from its existing work practices to a truly integrated agile methodology. The Director will help to analyze the organization's current processes as it relates to agile and implement improvements to help streamline processes and create efficiencies. Ultimately, the Product Director will establish a center of excellence and play a key role in the long-term strategy across the entire organization, helping our teams to deliver better products in a faster, more efficient way.
The Product Director will provide leadership and fully engage the product teams in agile transformation for application, platform and/or infrastructure products. This position will manage a team of product managers that are agile change agents, scrum masters and agile enthusiasts responsible for defining the launch of new products and services, developing technical roadmaps for existing products and delivering product features in an agile environment.
The Product Director will provide leadership for their product lines in agile transformation and drive the digital agenda and roadmaps for application and/or infrastructure products. This position will manage a team of product managers and agile coaches responsible for defining the launch of new products and services, developing technical roadmaps for existing products and delivering product features in an agile environment.
The Product Director is responsible for management, staffing and supervision of the assigned products within the assigned product lines.
This position also entails developing and maintaining highly effective, secure, and innovative information systems to support the MTA's goals and priorities.
Responsibilities Enterprise Product Planning
- Develop and implement continuous improvement actions to increase organizational agile maturity, as measured through an established and quantified Agile Maturity Model.
- Mentor the enterprise on scaled agile practices that promote innovation, rapid delivery, methodology sustainment, and pragmatism.
- Guide teams to help them stay on track with agile techniques, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure the overall strategy is being met
- Assist all members of the team in getting up to speed and working through the cultural and technical transition to an agile methodology.
- Further develop and standardize agile metrics to optimize value delivery and promote lean thinking and continuous improvement.
- Lead a team of product managers responsible for creating transformation roadmaps with long and short-term plans for new and improved processes and policies. Manage product managers in the development of backlog management and user-story build-out
- Lead others that will consist of one or more agile coaches, data analytic researchers and other digital transformation personnel
Human Resource Management
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness; sustain culture and supporting staff during organizational growth/changes.
- Provide direction on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- Attract, develop, coach and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control and performance in conjunction with the IT Workforce Planning & Workload Management office.
- Build Product manager expertise and competence to meet evolving demands within the Enterprise Product Management unit.
Strategy & Planning
- Demonstrate consistent understanding of funding, communications and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the program goals.
- Maintain contact with key IT suppliers and collaborates through IT Business Management Services to identify procurement contracts to support program related activities.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assesses and makes recommendations on the improvement and re-engineering within division and work with the stakeholders at the agencies at keeping the total cost of ownership down.
- Promote the use of employee self -service and mobile connectivity within products to reduce the reliance of paper.
- Automation of business process creating in-line forms and approvals, reducing the reliance on manual approves that could be untimely.
Management and Oversight
- Coordinates and facilitates consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations, developing business case and cost justifications for such initiatives.
- Provides direction on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- Advises MTA IT management in the changing trends and emerging technology and their potential use within the MTA.
- Directs the development of the analysis required to determine if Information Technology projects should follow a "Build" (develop with in-house staff) or "Buy" (cloud or packaged solution) methodology.
- Directs the development and implementation of new modules within assigned products.
- Advises on the selection, prioritization, development and implementation on products as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of MTA IT applications and infrastructure.
- Participates in overall business planning bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the company's goals.
- Responsible for monitoring various product progress on Information Technology deliverables insuring that the IT needs of the MTA are met on time and within budget, including identifying weekly, monthly and annual performance targets to show progress on IT product projects.
- Ensure continuous delivery of product services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of product performance.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development, motivation, training and retention of a diverse and high performing multi-level IT team professionals, conforming to budgetary objectives and Human Resources policy and programs in conjunction with the IT Workforce Planning & Workload Management office.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives keeping customizations to a minimum and total cost of ownership down.
- Advanced knowledge of information, mobile, Voice, Cloud, and Application Development technologies and/or Infrastructure technologies
- Successful track record in design of software systems to meet the current and future needs of a complex transportation organization OR
- Successful track record in design and implementation of IT Infrastructure and related hardware and software technologies to meet the current and future needs of a complex transportation organization
- Experience in the areas of strategic planning, business planning, data analysis, data reporting, and statistical process control a plus
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to areas supervised a plus
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills
- 5+ years of experience as an Agile Coach
- Experience in Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe)
- Ability to showcase examples of implementing agile techniques in different cultures and environments
- Experience running agile projects of varying size and complexity
- An excellent communicator and motivator
- Scrum Coach certification, preferred.
- Scrum Master certification, a strong plus.
- Experience coaching at large organizations or Fortune 500 companies, a strong plus.
- Organizational skill, to manage a complex organization within a complex organization
- Financial/budgeting planning and management experience a plus
- Ability to fit in with the constant shifting needs and demands of the business Departments
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Information Services (or the equivalent of education and progressive responsible experience). Plus a minimum of 11 years of Information Technology experience with at least 6 years of progressive IT managerial experience.
As an employee of MTA Headquarters you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $101,379 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.